Build Show Network's Commitment During COVID-19
All, we are taking the following steps to continue our operations while working to prevent the spread of the COVID19 virus:
- Please work from home whenever possible, and for those of you that must attend meetings and supervise activities at job sites, please practice social
- At our office, we will staff with one finance person, for shipping and receiving, and our video office will be used by our video editor. You should only come by the office if you need to pick up or drop something off. All paperwork including receipts and invoices should be handled electronically. Our office phone will be covered, and we can and will forward it to one of our finance team members mobile phones as
- At our job sites, PMs should plan work such that sub-contactors can practice all of the measures the CDC has recommended for preventing the spread of the virus. This includes social distancing, hand washing, no community water (individual bottles only), and use wipes on common areas, including portable toilet entrances and project entrances. We realize this may slow our critical projects down. If more than one sub-contractor needs to be on site, try to divide it between inside and outside work. This is no longer a “business as usual” situation, let’s take measures to ensure the safety of our team, our sub-contractors, and all work together to defeat the virus.
- PMs should, if possible, provide a large jar of hand sanitizer and wipes at the job site, and practice wiping critical areas such as door knobs every few hours. It is likely that we will be unable to stock these materials, so in their absence, please provide paper towels, soap and water for hand washing at each job site. Also, we are making our own disinfectant solutions with Clorox or diluted chlorine and water and towels, and we are using this approach to clean the areas of a job site where the virus could be easily spread.
- THIS IS FOR YOU AND YOUR SUB CONTRACTORS: First, it is imperative that if you are ill or have been (or may have been) exposed to the COVID-19 virus that you stay home. Please make sure you conform to this standard of behavior! Even if you are personally not worried about contracting the virus, please consider others in our office and at our job sites if you feel ill. You should stay home if you have any flu-like symptoms.
- If an employee, salaried or hourly, becomes ill or needs to self-quarantine because of exposure to others with the virus, we will treat that as sick days and continue to pay you. We are also going to comply with whatever guidance is available from federal, state, and local government
- We expect that as this situation causes interruptions in labor and material availability that our projects will slow down and may not make much progress over the next month. We are working on a communication to our clients and while we expect to keep working during the next month, we will set their expectations that this is a rapidly changing environment and we anticipate some schedule
- If you experience flu like symptoms, and in particular a dry cough, fever, and/or shortness of breath, please call your primary care physician to discuss the next steps in testing. You can access a virtual doctor 24/7 by going to ascension.org/onlinecare. Use the code HOME to pay only $20 for the
Let’s all remember that everyone is operating under a much higher level of stress. Together, with patience and understanding, we will get through this situation, and take care of each other.
What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)